Thomas and The Fat Controller during an event
During the month of August the school summer holidays are in full swing, as well as a Bank Holiday Weekend towards the end of August.
At this time, popular family destinations such as visitor attractions, retailers and shopping centres look to appeal even more to this core demographic, with many ramping up their entertainment and events programmes, in part, through booking live events featuring licensed characters taking part in interactive mini shows, story-telling sessions, dance workshops, treasure hunts and more.
August is also a key month for children’s festivals, including the LolliBop Festival, August 15th–17th, which this year moves venue to Hatfield House in Hertfordshire.
Below, there are examples of experiential character activities scheduled for delivery by Rainbow Productions during August, through the company representing these brands at live events on behalf of IP owners. Please note that dates and venues detailed are subject to change.
- August 1st: Queensgate shopping centre in Peterborough is hosting a Mike the Knight and Evie story-telling event.
- August 2nd: Pontins in Southport will receive a visit from Bart and Homer Simpson before the duo move on to Pontins Prestatyn on August 3rd.
- August 2nd: Captain Barnacles and Kwazii from the Octonauts will be making personal appearances at West Somerset Railway.
- August 3rd: Camp Bestival in Dorset also includes a Ben and Holly narration event.
- August 3rd & 4th: Strathspey Railway near Aviemore in Scotland has arranged appearances by Peppa Pig as well as a Holiday Fun Treasure Hunt activity.
- August 4th – 6th: Moshi Monsters Katsuma and Poppet are going to Folly Farm in Pembrokeshire.
- August 5th: A Fireman Sam narration event is taking place at the Mercat Centre in Kirkaldy.
- August 6th: Peppa Pig will see little fans at Cantref Adventure Farm in Brecon.
- August 6th: Finkley Down Farm in Andover, Hampshire has arranged for Ben and Holly from Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom to visit the attraction.
- August 6th: intu Potteries in Hanley is hosting two Piplings characters, Yojojo and De Li.
- August 6th: Thomas and The Fat Controller head to Royal Victoria Place in Tunbridge Wells.
- August 7th: The Brunel shopping centre will host Postman Pat personal appearances and story-telling sessions.
- August 7th: intu Broadmarsh in Nottingham has booked Peter Rabbit today to entertain shoppers.
- August 8th: Today at intu Derby Rainbow Productions is managing a Peter Rabbit narration event.
- August 8th: Mike the Knight and Evie head to Crossgates Shopping Centre in Leeds.
- August 9th: Peppa Pig is going to Knowsley Safari Park near Liverpool.
- August 9th: Dora the Explorer heads to The Wetlands Centre in Barnes.
- August 11th: Ben and Holly are going to intu Watford shopping centre.
- August 12th: Jones Lang LaSalle’s Eagles Meadow shopping centre in Wrexham has arranged for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Leo and Raph to visit, before they head on to Cooper’s Square shopping centre in Burton-on-Trent on the following day.
- August 12th – 14th: Animal Farm Adventure Park in Somerset is hosting a visit from Tree Fu Tom.
- August 12th: Twinlakes Park in Melton Mowbray has arranged for Peppa Pig to see their guests.
- August 13th: SpongeBob SquarePants is going to Castle Quay shopping centre in Oxford.
- August 14th: Angelina Ballerina will be joined by Alice for her mini shows, which will take place at intervals today at Meadowhall Shopping Centre.
- August 15th – 17th: LolliBop Festival takes place at Hatfield House and the entertainment line-up over the 3 days will also include a Poppy Cat ‘Copy Poppy’ activity, Postman Pat will be performing his mini show plus appearances from Thomas, Dennis the Menace and Fireman Sam.
- August 15th: Scooby-Doo is going to Frenchgate Shopping Centre in Doncaster.
- August 16th & 17th: Rainbow Productions is managing the personal appearances of Toothless from film, How to Train Your Dragon 2, during an event in Italy arranged by Twentieth Century Fox.
- August 16th & 17th: Peppa Pig and George are going to the Bounce Festival family event at Old Deer Park in Richmond upon Thames.
- August 17th: Tree Fu tom will be going to the NRM Shildon museum near Durham.
- August 17th: SpongeBob SquarePants and Patrick will be going to Bunn Leisure Holiday Park in Selsey.
- August 18th: intu Watford has organised for Postman Pat to stop by to see their shoppers today.
- August 19th – 21st: Animal Farm Adventure Park has organised for Mummy Pig and Daddy Pig to visit their visitor attraction in Somerset.
- August 20th: Thomas and The Fat Controller will be at West Orchards shopping centre in Coventry.
- August 21st: ‘Copy Poppy’ interactive events take place today at The Brunel shopping centre in Swindon.
- August 21st: Bath Racecourse has booked Peppa Pig today.
- August 24th: Tree Fu tom goes to visit Bressingham Steam and Gardens in Norfolk.
- August 24th & 25th: Peppa Pig is going to The BIG Sheep visitor attraction in Devon.
- August 25th: Woburn Safari Park in Milton Keynes has arranged a Ben and Holly story-telling activity for today.
- August 25th: Meadowhall will today be hosting a mini show featuring Postman Pat and Ben, who are joined by a Presenter.
- August 26th: Lau Lau from Waybuloo’s The Piplings is going to the Eagles Shopping Centre in Wrexham today, before heading to Cooper’s Square in Burton the next day.
- August 28th: The Brunel in Swindon has booked an Octonauts narration event with appearances by Captain Barnacles and Kwazii.
- August 28th: Peppa Pig is joined by mummy Pig, Daddy Pig and George for a story-telling interactive event at The Oracle Shopping Centre in Reading.
- August 29th: intu Derby hosts a Fifi Forget-Me-Not narration event today.
- August 30th & 31st: Roary the Racing Car and Big Chris will be at Brent Cross shopping centre.
- August 31st: Cabot Circus shopping centre in Bristol has booked the branded Peppa Pig photo opportunity standee alongside personal appearances from Peppa Pig and George.