Licensor: Silvergate Media Ltd
OCTONAUTS™ Meomi Design Inc. OCTONAUTS © 2014 Vampire Squid Productions Ltd.
Biography for Captain Barnacles and Kwazii Walkabout Costumes
Captain Barnacles is a brave polar bear extraordinaire and the leader of the Octonauts crew. He’s always the first to rush in and help whenever there’s a problem. Besides adventuring, Barnacles enjoys playing his accordion and writing in his captain’s log.
Kwazii is a daredevil orange kitten with a mysterious pirate past. He loves excitement and travelling to exotic places. His favourite hobbies include long baths, racing the Gup-B, and general swashbuckling.
Target Audience for Octonauts promotional costumes
The show is designed to appeal to a pre-school audience, primarily boys up to the age of 5.
Additional brand information for Octonauts costumes
- From their underwater base the Octopod, the Octonauts are ready to leap into action, venturing out into the deep blue sea, where a world of creatures are in need of rescue.
- Elements of the show: Science Curriculum (meeting new sea creatures in every episode); Action Adventure; Sci-fi (gadgets, vehicles and tech) and Pre-school messages of teamwork and friendship.
- Series 3 began airing daily on CBeebies in March 2014. Work has started on the production of Season 4 (24 episodes and 2 specials) which are expected to be delivered in mid 2015.
- Nominated for a BAFTA and an International Emmy.
- Over half a million books have been sold worldwide and 60,000 magazines are sold per month in the UK.
- Marketing & Experiential partnerships launched with Sea Life, the not-for-profit organisation Marine Conservation Society (MCS) and World Ocean Day 2014 (June 8th) run by The Ocean Project.
- Character costumes Captain Barnacles and Kwazii from the Octonauts are available to attend UK events.